- Pharmaceutically pure sea salt with probiotic bacteria and prebiotic bacteria food
- The new Tropic Marin Syn-Biotic Sea Salt contains probiotic bacteria for fish and shrimp and special prebiotic bacteria food to promote probiotic bacterial growth and to create low-nutrient conditions in the aquarium for LPS and SPS corals. The term synbiotic refers to supplements which combine probiotics and prebiotics in a form of synergism.
- Tropic Marin Syn-Biotic Sea Salt is ideal when you are setting up a new tank and every time you expand the tank’s stock. It has been proven that probiotic bacteria help to overcome stress and disease while enhancing the health and well-being of fish and crustaceans. For the best results, the aquarium should have a water change with Syn-Biotic Sea Salt prior to any new stock being introduced.
- The contained prebiotic additives promote the integration of nitrates and phosphates in bacterial mass for low-nutrient conditions and the vivid colours of LPS and SPS corals. For a sustained acclimatization of animals to the aquarium conditions and to stabilize the microbiology of the tank system we recommend usingSyn-Biotic Sea Saltpermanently. Each water change with Syn-Biotic Sea Saltautomatically adds the probiotic bacteria necessary to maintain healthy biological processes.
How to use
- To achieve a salinity level of 32 – 35 ‰ (psu), dissolve 35 ml (approx. 37-40 g/1.3-1.4 oz.) of Tropic Marin Syn-Biotic for every litre or one half cup for every US-gallon of water in a container, stirring continuously. The specific gravity of the sea salt solution should be 1.025 to 1.027 at a temperature of 25 °C/77 °F. The prepared saltwater can be used as soon as the salt is fully dissolved.
- Always add the sea salt to the water – not the other way round. When checking the conductivity of freshly prepared Syn-Biotic saltwater the conductometer will show ca. 10 % low results, because the contained organic substances affect the measurement. We recommend measuring the specific gravity with the Tropic Marin